'83 Z Spare Tire

I recently purchased an 83 280zx from a charitable organization that had been donated. It needed some mechanical work which I was ready to do. The car is done and runs great.

The problem now is I discovered there is NO SPARE TIRE. Any suggestions on aquiring a new one for a reasonable price?

Jim

Reply to
James Simas

Make friends with someone at a bodyshop or boneyard and have them pull a compareable spare tire out of a total loss? If I remember right the 280 was a 4 lug, so perhaps you can use a steel wheel off a honda or another 4 lugger, maybe a newer chevy cobalt? just check the bolt pattern and size.

Reply to
Paradox

Not even close. a FWD car one won't work. Plenty of junkyards have Z cars in them still and this was a weird "inflatable" spare.

Reply to
Steve T