Where Do I get A used/rebuilt Turbo for '83 900?

I posted my '83 Saab 900 for sale yesterday. I might just replace the turbo if I can find one for a reasonable price. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Jim

Reply to
Jim

What continent are you on?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Having second thoughts? I regret selling my first Saab. I currently have two and I was contemplating selling one of them. I came to my senses and will keep both :-)

Reply to
ma_twain

Try a rebuild kit or a rebuilt unit. Dallasturbo.com, turbocity.com, ebay...

KeithG

Jim wrote:

Reply to
KeithG

USA, Eastern Seaboard (Wash, DC)

Thanks,

Jim

Reply to
Jim

Thanks for the info.

Jim

Reply to
Jim

There's a Garrett/AirResearch parts house in Chicago, I don't know of one in your end of the country. If you're confident enough to rebuild a brake master cyl, this is about that complicated. Snapring pliers & penetrating oil are pretty much it, if you want to DIY. Otherwise, they would be able to rebuild it for you if the parts are good (whining, not scraping).

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz