Rav4 spare tire

My 2006 RAV4 spare tire has a steel rim instead of the OEM styled alloy wheels on the car. Did Toyota do this on purpose or is this a mistake? Thank you.

Reply to
Dennis Leong

On Toyota's web site

it shows that the Rav4 Base and Limited models with 16 and 17 inch alloy wheels have a steel wheel for the spare, while the Sport model with 18 inch alloy wheels gets an alloy wheel for the spare.

Reply to
Ray O

"Dennis Leong" wrote in news:enjhmc$2f7f$1 @agate.berkeley.edu:

It's not a mistake. Check your sticker to see what you bought.

Reply to
Mitchell Regenbogen

I hate it when companies do this. Ford and Nissan have both done this to me. It is not so much that I want to rotate five tires (I don't), but it would be really nice to have a true spare that I could leave installed on the car if one of the original 4 on the ground tires is damaged beyond salvage. The last time this happened, I had to pay to have the spare tire switched from the "steel" spare tire rim to the alloy "ground" tire rim. At least in that case, the spare tire was actually the same type. I have had vehicles where the spare, although of the same size, was actually a different "type" of tire.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White