Clutch replacement in 85 non-turbo.....

Ok, as a total amateur mechanic, how difficult is this job? Could I pull it off? The most horriffic aspect is the removal of the exhaust manifolds, somehow, I envision total bolt breaking nightmares!! Anyone with a word of advice?

Gerry

Reply to
Gerry Wolf

You might need to find a good mechanic. It dosen't sound like you have the tools needed for this job. There's no need to remove the exhaust manifolds: You should pull the transmission not the engine to swap the clutch - it's *alot* eaiser. You might be able to do it on ramps but it'll be a real pain. Nothing really difficult about it, though, if you take your time. ~ Paul aka "Tha Driver"

ThaDriver

??? Why would you remove the -exhaust manifolds- to replace the clutch?

Reply to
Steve T