Going to drive hard at the track

Question for Steve or anyone. I have replaced my muffler for a resonator so it is loud but nice. Still have cat and with stock pipe 2 inch diameter. The question is if I am driving this car hard 3rd speed and 4th mostly.. that mean reving the engine up to 5500 rpm, should I be concerned about engine valves since my exhaust has been modified. I don't think back pressure is something I want but few ppl are telling me that I need back pressure. My car is 1987 300ZX N/A 2 seater with 5 speed tranny. Car manufacture date is 01/87 so I guess I don't have "W" engine (still need to confirm this)

> will be running fresh synthetic oil. Synthetic 5 speed 75W90 oil and

differential as well. Anything I should be concerned with? cooling is okay and timming belt is about 6000 miles or less

Thanks in advance.

Paul

Reply to
news

Nope, isn't even an issue. People that say you "need backpressure" are clueless people who have confused fuel metering issues with the need for backpressure.

Reply to
Steve T

Reply to
news