My 2003 engine is dead at 8k miles!

This will be a publicity nightmare for some people when I finish my web page I assure you. Stay tuned!

Reply to
Paul Maxson

Yeah, I'll bet Nissan is quaking in their boots.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

This is something I need to get to the bottom of, the great debate so to speak. Exactly what *is* forged on the 2003 350 VQ35 engine? I have heard several different answers, something good just may come of this.

Reply to
Paul Maxson

I was told the QR25 and VQ35, are not sand casted aluminum blocks, but are forged. The sleeves are integrated into the block and can't slip out. The stock pistons are cast and can't withstand the high heat generated by higher HP.

If you plan on putting any type of forced induction, be it, NOS, S/C, or Turbo. Change the Pistons, or they will make you change them.

Reply to
Joseph Wind

I know 20 people running 7 lbs of FI boost (SC not Turbo) with stock intake plenum (no headers) and stock exhaust w/o problems. My car has a Crawford Racing Intake Plenum, Borla Headers and a Borla True Dual Exhaust and you are saying this car won't take 7 lb's of boost with a modified intake plenum and exhaust?

See here is why the debate rages on; you say , Someone told me." Who? Who is someone? That is why no one really knows, I need something better than "someone told me." Know what I mean? Isn't it in writing anywhere? My dealer sticker said micro channel coated rods pistons etc. What is micro channeled?

Reply to
Paul Maxson

has several blown Z's even better though is my local friend with his Z and the same kit I have the ATI Pro Charger. The " 7 lb" kit only made 6.2 lbs on my car BTW. I am not really following your logic though. I am not throwing out brand names I am saying my intake (for the air) is bigger and my exhaust (for the gasses out) is better than stock. How can this *not* play a role in FI (all name brands aside? I'm not arguing with you but don't change the subject to brand names I am talking simple principles of air in exhaust out as it relates to FI!

Reply to
Paul Maxson