My car won't start: please advise

My car won't start.

Here are the symptoms.

  1. The security alarm would not respond when pressing the buttons on the remote.

  1. When openned door with key, the alarm does not go off.

  2. When put key in ignition, there's no power at all (the dashboard, radio and so forth)

  1. When I close the door and lock it. The alarm started to sound in beeps. Continuous beep sounds. So there's battery.

I am lost, please advise.

Reply to
Je

has the alarm got its own power supply ? if it has then it will turn to its own backup if the car batt is flat or disconnected.

Reply to
aussie bongo

I see what you are saying.

I recently added a full car bra on the front of the car. I didn't remove it when it rained several time. Could that affect the battery? I also always park in the downhill front facing down.

If it has backup batt. then why wouldn't it respond to remote?

Thanks for your insite in advance.

Reply to
Je

i had a problem like that, and it turned out that the automatic transmission wasn't full yin park.

i don't have a special security system installed, just what came standard from nissan, but it might be worth checking out

Reply to
jethro