NO SPARK

i bought a car that had the valves bent, i put new heads on it and put the engine back in the car. After hooking everything up now i am getting no spark at all in my coils. What should i check and what parts run the ignition. I have another 300zx that runs fine, i took the power transitor and the crank angle sensor off that 300zx and put them on the other one just to see if they were bad and still nothing. It cranks but no fire at all. PLEASE HELP

Reply to
grnt300zx

How about injectors? do they fire? Also helps if you supply the year, they made 300ZX's from 84-96

Reply to
Steve T

sorry i thought about all that after i posted the first one. We though it was getting fuel but after finding out how to test the crankangle sensor,(by spinning the crank angle sensor with your hand) there is no spark and the fuel injectors are not working. The crankangle sensor and power transistor do work if i put them on the other car. It is a 1990, automatic, n/a.

Reply to
grnt300zx

I'd check to see if the ECU is powering up (leds on the box or check with a code tester). The crank angle sensor should fire the injectors, trigger the fuel pump and spark when spun, so if none of these are happening and the CAS is a known good one, you got a problem with the ECU, it's not being powered up (Bad EFI relay or fuseable links etc) or wiring between the CAS and the ECU.

Reply to
Steve T