Nissan 300ZX questions

I am planning to purchase 1987 Nissan 300ZX 5speed as a summer car. I would like to know if there is any specific things to look for beside body. For example. transmission, is there any issue with synchro or 1st to second gears and so on? Engine or fuel system Engine gaskets and timming belt. Interference fit engine?

The vehicle has just over 200,000Km

Reply to
none

Also look at the rear wheel camber. These cars have a problem with the rear lower arms "sagging" over time causing massive negative rear camber. Tire shops sell springs etc trying to fix this, that isn't the problem. The "easy" fix is to slot the rear subframe to make this adjustable. The right fix is new rear control arms which is a $$$$$ repair.

Reply to
Steve T

Reply to
Jon Smith

Thx for the info everyone. I have checked the car again and here are few other things: The car has "sensor" light lit up. I has asked about this and was told that it will remain lit until oxygen sensor is replaced. It does not necessary mean that it is defective. The owner said it has been "On" for about 2 to 3 years ago. Service dealer said you can run as the way it is since the car is running fine. Does anyone has similar experience?

The timing belt was done about 20,000 km ago along with fuel injectors recall. The exhaust is broken (not sure which section it is). How is the 5 speed transmission? the owner said shifting from1st to second feel difference than the rest of the gears. It was like that since he purchased the car back in the 90s'. I am thinking about synchro or possible clutch perhaps more on synchro that clutch. However it shift okay unless you really pay attention and feel between gears. The throw out bearing is okay.

Reply to
none

He's right, there is an electrical connector you unplug to turn this light off, it isn't a "check engine" light like newer cars have. This one is triggered by mileage.

Underneath the car isn't a big deal, leaking at the engine is.

Tough trannies, I wouldn't worry about it.

Reply to
Steve T