83 280zx wont stay running.......

unless i keep jumper cables from an outside battery source on it. i took the alternator to someone he said it is fine. the car ran perfect right after i changed the clutch but drove it down a dirt road... about 30 mins later it wouldnt start... its like the alternator just stopped charging.. would there be a possible short in the charging circuit? anyone have any suggestions

Reply to
86transam

Is there power at the large bolted on terminal at the alternator with the engine off? If not, check the fusable links.

Reply to
Steve T

i dont know.. ill check that though. i have the alt out right now because the belt was dry rotten and i was going to replace the alt.. but ill put it back in and see if maybe thats the problem. also.. bitchin betty works sometimes.. sometimes not. lol. my warning light comes on and says my headlights and tail lights are bad.. i dont see any problem with them. maybe thats just because it doesnt have enough voltage to turn on certain relays...

Reply to
86transam