Re: Z32 Wheel spacers for custom rims

Steve,

What if Hensley changed to the 26mm calipers. Are they smaller in size or the same width?? Would need new rotors if that would work.

Also, I went out to check out spacers/adapters and found that if your going to use them, make sure you buy hub centric/with wheel centric hubs so the weight of the car is not sitting only on the lugs. Former racer Fred Goeske has them on his website @ wheeladapter.com.

Reply to
WildBill66

I think that's mostly hype. Racers have been using plain spacers for many years with no problems. Think about all the non-hub centric wheels installed on cars, never seen that cause a failure either. The real "interface" is between the wheel face and the hub/spacer, not the studs anyway. The "centric" spacers do help center the wheel and help with vibrations though.

Reply to
Steve T

Have you gotten the wheels to fit? I was recently going to buy the same wheels. But the distributer I talked to said that with the spacer needed the wheel would stick out past my front fender. Did you run into this problem? Please email me a picture if the wheels fit. Thank you.

Reply to
voxz32

The wheels fit with a 10mm H&R Track spacer with the hubcentric wheel fitment. They do not stick out past fender, close but no problem.

Also, after buying my wheels, I went to NOPI Nationals in Atlanta and a guy came up, he had the Stern ST-1 wheels and said his friend bought the ST-2 wheels and they fit. However, he said wheel dealer should put 20mm rims on front and 35mm on the rear.

The 20mm rims will fit without spacers, the reason for 35mm on rear is because this guy had 9.5 wide rims on rear for staggered look.

Regardless, I'm okay with spacers, I know guys who run spacers on cars at the track. I never race my Z. Hope this helps.

Reply to
HensleyaZHotChic