00' Frontier gas pedal went flat

I have a 2000 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE, it's a standard transmission...

Today I'm driving along and I suddenly notice that I have to press down the gas pedal farther than usual to get the same ammount of "rev" out of it. This happened again about 1/2 a mile down the road (I had to press it down even farther than the first time). Eventually the gas pedal went completely flat. I can floor it and the engine doesn't respond. my car starts just fine, but wont respond to the pedal. What could this mean?

Reply to
Dan

follow your cable and linkage to your engine...somethings loose

Reply to
jeff