'01 PF: Where's the second air release plug for the cooling system.

The DIY section of my '01 PF Owner's Manual indicates that there are two air release plugs for the cooling system. One back by the firewall (page 8-9, picture SDI1189) was easy to find. The second at the front of the engine (page 8-9, picture SDI1110) just ain't there. I can locate all the other parts shown in the picture but not the plug.

The Nissan service manual only shows the plug by the firewall, but on page MA-15, in picture SMA131D it says "air release plugs" (plural), but only points to one. And on page MA-16 it says "While filling, tighten each air bleeding plug from where coolant overflows." That implies more than one plug. And a little further down, it gives a torque spec for "Air relief plugs:". Again it's plural, and a torque spec isn't appropriate for a rubber cap like the one back by the firewall.

Am I missing something? Or did the other air release plugs get eliminated somewhere along the line.

Thanx Chuck Tribolet

Reply to
Chuck Tribolet