02 Pathfinder will not take gas?

Gurus, So my 02 finder wiot take a full stream of pump gas. It overflows unless I milk it. The idiot light is also on.

Ideas? Does the gastank have a check value or something? The pump is fully inserted (trust me).

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Danny Noonan

There is a dance you can do with the accelerator pedal and a stop watch to make it blink out the error code on the SES light. Around here (Texas) most of the parts stores (AutoZone, etc.) will read the code for you if you don't want to try the blink-it-out procedure.

As far as the tank not taking gas at full flow, I would get underneath and check for damage to the filler hose (collapsed?) or to the tank itself (bashed in?). If the occurrence of the idiot light coincides with the weirdness in adding gas, it probably is an evap code, but you will have to get the code to find out.

Reply to
E. Meyer