02 Camry Fuel Gauge Question

I've noticed my 02 Camry LE fuel gauge does not always reach "Full", even when I pump the gas repeatedly after the pump stops. Has anyone else noticed this? Is this a warning of a failing gauge? (I still have 4,000 miles prior to the 36k miles warranty expiring....)

Thanks in advance, Steve B

Reply to
Steve B

My 2002 Camry LE V6 gauge goes to "Full" by the first click. If I continue and add another 2 to 3 litres it goes past Full. In fact, I can easily drive about 100 to 160 km (60 to 100 miles) before the gauge goes from over full to full.

Reply to
Car Guy

Mine used to do as yours does. I don't know if it's just being temperamental....

Reply to
Steve B

Who cares? An accurate meter reading is more important on the bottom 1/4 tank than an accurate reading on the top 1/4 tank. Ever run out of gas on the top 1/4? No. ;^)

Reply to
Philip®

I've noted this a few other times, but for newcomers: I actually pull the nozzle out of the gas line a little bit so I can see the fuel flow, and then I fill up until the fuel level is visible in the gas line. I filled up the other day with 17.1 gallons and the gas light wasn't even on yet.

Reply to
Chris Aseltine

Thanks for the value-add, Dave.

Reply to