04 Quest DVD System

I have just installed an aftermaket DVD system in our 04 Quest. I installed two of the Myron and Davis screens in the overhead console in our SE model. They really look great! Execpt for the Myron and Davis Logo on them you would not be able to rell that they were not factory. They have a great picture and the fit is really nice. The only problem I have is that I want to intergrate the audio into the factory system. If you press and hold the Rear AV button it is supposed to select the DVD audio. Currently it just flashes No DVD. Does anyone know how the factory DVD player is connected to the system. Our van has XM Radio so some of the solutions listed here will not work for us. Thanks!

Reply to
Quest04

There are two control signals between the audio unit and the DVD unit. "ENABLE" is on pin 39 of the audio unit and "AUDIO ON" is on pin 40 of the audio unit. No idea if these are pull-up or pull-down (and thus if you need to feed GND or +12 to activate).

What DVD player are you using? Did you mount it under the passenger's seat. How did you connect the DVD player to the audio unit (self made harnerss?).

rk

Reply to
R Kadiyala