1993 Pathfinder Alarm Remote won't work light flashes

I have a 1993 Nissan pathfinder XE with factory installed alarm and I had my battery changed and the FOB for the alarm would not work and the red light below my arm rest kept flashing. I tried re-setting the remote with the box under the driver?s seat but it would not work. What I did to resolve the problem was loosen one of the cables on the battery post and kept taking it off and on until the red light for the alarm below the arm rest did not flash anymore then I was able to program my FOB?s with the box under the driver?s seat.

Reply to
stefreg