Nissan trims

Hi,

Hope someone will answer this question. How do the Nissan trim (SE/XE/GXE/GLE) ordered? What do they mean GXE? Is GXE is the top of the line or GLE?

Iam doing my homework so that I can retire my Ford Escort LX. My first preferance is a used 2000+ Altima GXE or GLE whatever is the top of the line is (Auto, ABS, Alloywheels :) a must).

Any known issues with 2000+ Altima's or which year model should I avoid? Do they have a windshield craking problem or thats in older models? I read a lot of people complain about car shuddering/vibration at highway speeds, is that true?

Appreciate any help

Sam.

Reply to
sams

The 2000 Altima comes in 4 trims. From the base Altima to the top of the line, it is: XE, GXE, SE, GLE.

Reply to
willshak

Sam, make sure to check on the rear passenger doors, below the window fixtures, there is a spot very prone to rusting about a 1/3 of the way from the back.

I noticed that from more than one Altimas. Beside, I think it's a pretty solid car, my 99 is still running like new.

Reply to
Sylvain Scaglione