97 Truck idle fluctuation

I changed my air filter last night. When I started it up this morning and after every start all day the idle is fluctuating from about 750 to 1250. It settles down and stays smooth after I drive for about a minute. If I didn't know any better, I would think the truck prefers the dirty air filter. I'm scratching my head...any ideas?

Reply to
Truckdude

Raiders fan