1994 Pathfinder V6 4x4

Hello

I was wondering if anyone has experienced or knows a solution to the following.

This problem ONLY happens in the Summer on HOT days.

I have a 94 4x4 Pathfinder / 5 speed standard shift.

When it is a hot - real hot day - it will not start -

I have changed the starter 3 times over the past few years and the starter relay several times, put in a new battery 2 times and STILL ONLY when it is a HOT DAY - it jsut CLICKS when I turn the KEY to start - sometimes after turning the Key several times, it then starts, then sometimes I have to get out and Push start it or wait to get someone to help me push start it. Sometimes I have to "jump it" and it starts immediatley.

Has anyone ever come across this problem ?

Does anyone know a solution?

The dealer has been no help as of yet, once they told me it was the relay - that didnt fix it - then they said it was the starter - that didnt fix it - then they said it was the battery - that didnt fix it and now they want $80 and hr to try and determine the problem and they cant promise me a solution or fix.

I had along time ago saw a posting that someone had the same problem and he did every change i did plus he changed the Ignition switch and the alternator - but none of that fixed the problem.

I'm LOST - and I live in TX and ITS REAL HOT this Summer and this problem is getting really OLD .

HELP

PLEASE

I have a machinical background - but not much in the electrical field, I do all my own repairs and use to build engines.

I need some electrical HELP.

Thanks anyone and all

Robert

Reply to