How long do tires last on Nissan Altima?

Have a 2001 Nissan Altima mostly street and highway driving. Got only about

35000 miles on them and is getting bald and desperately need replacement. Those are original tires Continental brand. I remember I used to have tires that run 50K miles or more and warranty usually goes for at least 50-60K. Why do these tires wear out so quick? Original tires do not have any warranty.

What are good replacement tires? Current ones on the car are P205/65R16. Looking for reasonably good tires but don't want to pay for an arm and a leg. Sales ad in paper rarely have one that matches your size.

Thanks,

orangetrader

If it is the original tire in your vehicle, you have warranty. you may find this link helpful.

*nh&p_tbl=9&p_id'&p_created27459749

Reply to
SJ

*nh&p_tbl=9&p_id'&p_created27459749>

I thought that was too good to be true...

"A tire is eligible for an adjustment on a pro rata basis until the tread is worn down to the tread wear indicators (2/32nds of an inch of tread remaining).The tire tread is worn out at this point and this Policy ends regardless of time period."

...so they cover failures - but NOT WEARING OUT!

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

"orangetrader" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@dsli.com:

I just replaced the tires on my 2002 Altima, at 38000 miles. I wasn't either, expecting to get many many more miles out of the original tires. I replaced them with Michelin Hydroedge for $490 at Costco. These are supposed to be good tires.

jb

Reply to
JB

I just replaced the tires on my 1999 Altima at 59,000 miles. The old tires were quite worn, and were squirmy at 60mph in heavy rain. I drive like an old lady, so my tires probably last longer.

(I bought new tires at Goodyear for $215 or so, the cheapest set they had. Then I sold the car.)

Reply to
P T