2001 Sentra SE Muffler - Where to get?

I have a 2001 Sentra SE with the 2.0 engine. I have traced a rattle at idle to the muffler. I called the usual places to get a quote on a new muffler (Canadian Tire etc.) and couldn't find anybody who carried the item at any price. I called a dealer, when the parts counter says ,"Ohh eee", when the price comes up you know its going to be high. $464. for just the part. Anybody know of a more economical source for these parts?

Reply to
Keith Burrows

There

and
I've bought stuff from both of them with no problems

Reply to
JimV

I had a new exhaust installed in my 93 Pathfinder recently. If there is a Zoro Muffler in your area (Southern Ontario). I was very impressed with the staff and the service. I don't expect it to last as long as a Nissan part - my original exhaust lasted over 200,000 Km!! But my truck is old now so I'm cutting back on repair expenses. Keith

Reply to
_+arroo

I have 2001 Sentra GXE.. I haven't had to deal with the muffler issue yet,., but on my previous vehicle a Corolla I dealt with an independent shop in Oakville JPG Muffler.. very respected and they do their own work..custom and very competitive compared to other prices. I sent a friend there with her Nissan Pathfinder and she saved almost $200 off what was quoted at the usual places..

By the by.. Canadian Tire.. repairs.. yikes... scary.

Reply to
C.H.