91 240sx whistling upon startup

I have a 91 nissan 240sx, automatic, from time to time it make a loud whistling type sound when I start it and then when I start to drive this will continue for about 10 seconds, some times get louder initially then it stops and doesn't occur again at all while driving typically.

Any idea what I should check for?

thanks.

Reply to
alongi

Is it a whistle or a whine? If the latter, could be low power steering fluid.

Reply to
The OTHER Kevin in San Diego

I would say whistling/chirping.

thanks

The OTHER Kev> On 27 Apr 2006 11:24:36 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@longieng.com wrote: >

Reply to
alongi

Alternator belt tension?

snipped-for-privacy@l> I have a 91 nissan 240sx, automatic, from time to time it make a loud

Reply to
AS

When was the last time you changed belts or checked their tension? Any cracking or glazing of the belts and it's time for a change...

Reply to
The OTHER Kevin in San Diego