2001 Sentra Steering Wheel

I'm thinking of purchasing a used 2001 Sentra XE, but I have a question about it. I'm hoping somebody out there can help. It's kind of hard to explain, but I'll do my best: Part of the steering wheel is loose....its the solid part of the wheel where the horn is and where the airbag would come out of. I am used to cars where the wheel is completely solid. On this car, however, you can move this part of the wheel in any direction about 1-2cms. The dealer says that this is the way it is supposed to be, but I just want to be sure. The reason I question the dealer is because the horn doesn't work either (they say its just a fuse). I hope i've explained it well enough. Once again, its not the whole steering wheel that is loose......its the center, solid part of it where the horn is and where the airbag would deploy from. I would _really_ appreciate any help you can give! Thanks alot!

Reply to
Schuyler Koch

There is something wrong. Maybe the airbag was removed? You should not buy this car as it is, and given the story perhaps you should also be highly cautious about any car this dealer offers to you. I have a 2001 Sentra and it is not like this. The airbag was replaced once after an annoying rattle developed in that area. It was not 1-2 cm loose before or after that problem.

Reply to
Pete

Don't buy it. It was probably in an accident, and don't believe the garbage about a fuse. If it was just a fuse, they would have replaced it before it went on the lot...

Nick

Reply to
Nick

When you drive down the freeway, the steering wheel may come completely off and land in your lap while you're going 75 mph!

Reply to
Brad Rollins