2002 Frontier pickup fueling problem

Howdy all,

My sister-in-law owns a 2002 Nissan Frontier four-door, 4wd pickup. The engine is the naturally aspirated 3.3l V6. Mileage is 44,000.

Recently, the truck has been stalling out within seconds or at most a few minutes after starting. It will not re-start unless it's left to sit for at least a few minutes, often an hour or more.

No OBD-II trouble codes have shown up. I first thought the fuel filter might be clogged, so it has been replaced. The problem remains.

My next thought was that the fuel pump, fuel pump relay or fuel pressure regulator might be faulty. I have a fuel pressure gauge, but can not find a fitting on the fuel system to connect it to. Is the fitting under the intake manifold on or near the fuel pressure regulator?

Thanks, Darron R. Birgenheier Brantingham, NY

Reply to
Darron Birgenheier

I'm in the process of buying one of those. I was surprised that the motor still runs on a distributor. Maybe check the contacts inside the cap for wear. Also, this is not a proven fact, but pull a couple spark plugs after the stall. Smell them for fuel. If dry they won't smell too gassy and they'll have a whitish lean running look to them. If gassy smelling it's pointing towards electrical, lack of spark. Good luck.

Reply to
Paul Brogren