2003 Pathfinder rear drums

Good day to all,

I need to replace rear wheel studs on my Pathfinder and I am having trouble removing the rear drums. The problem is releasing the rear brakes ( yes the hand brake is not applied). I also stripped the two "push" screws on the drums. I have read that the adjuster lever need to be disengage in order to rotate the "star" freely. How? Thank you

Bob

Reply to
Robert Trepanier

If you don't have a manual, get one. I use Haynes: cheap, not perfect, but good photos and specs. This should give you a picture of the brakes showing the starwheel and the actuator (which prevents the star from turning the correct way to loosen the brakes). It should give a description of exactly how to do this... I assume that the drum is 'loose' on the hub, it just gets stuck on the shoes when pulling it off. Try this: get the drum as far as you can, grab behind (or GENTLY pry on it against backing plate), and whack the other side at the outside corner of the drum. This sometimes will apply enough torque to it to dislodge it...

-Mike

Reply to
Mike