2005 Pathfinder

Just returned from the Detroit Auto Show. The 2005 Pathfinder was there, though us low life civilians weren't allowed closer than about six feet. Fortunately, three of the doors were opened.

I can tell you it would appear to look like a cross between the current Frontier and the new Armada. Size is very close to the current model PF, though lengthened just enough to accommodate a third row seat. Rear hatch was opened and I could see the third row folded that yielded a flat rear floor.

Engine will be a 4.0L VQ of a minimum 250 hp and 370 ft.lbs. torque. Final figures, including price, were not available. I would assume a

5sp automatic and four wheel disk brakes. The display model had a tow package installed (Class 3 or 4 receiver and 7-pin connector). I grabbed a marketing spiff for the 2004 Frontier, and its tow rating was listed at #5500 with what is supposed to be the same type of chassis and drivetrain. I would also assume a full-time 4WD package shared with the Infiniti version, since the QX56 (Infiniti's Armada) has FT 4WD that works in a fashion similar to the QX4 (rear wheel drive that sends 50% up front when the rears start to slip). Maybe too many assumptions here.

The interior appeared (from six feet) to be as nice as my QX4. I could not tell if the model displayed was an LE, SE, or XE.

Reply to
ppointer