240sx MAF

Hi All, I have a question for the experts. I am getting around 20MPG in my '89 and removed the MAF to check the wire. I was told to make sure it was clean, since a dirty wire would give false air flow signals. The 1/2" long wire is covered in the middle 3/8" with light brown "fuzz". I don't want to damage the wire, so before I squirt it with anything, I need to get advise. It looks too fragile to clean it with an artists detail brush.

Thanks in advance to any replies! Johnboy

Reply to
Johnboy