88 Sentra, 5 speed

Hey Guys I'm gonna have to replace the motor in my 88 Sentra, so went out to the salvage yard today & wasn't quite prepaired for it. I had no idea there were so many different engines in those things. Of course most of the cars were missing fenders & trim so I had to go by just general looks to find one that looked like mine. My question is: what different years & Horsepowers will fit in my little

88 & still use my 5 speed. Then,, is it easier to unbolt from the tranny & pull the motor or should I just pull it all together ? I've done American V8's & 6 bangers before but never a sideways setup like this. I need all the help/advice I can get on this little project. Plus,, I have to pull it in the salvage yard & that's a first for me too, so,,, anyway, Thanks lots Rick
Reply to
Rick