93 altima sunroof question

Please help a stupid person, if you have any tips. I just bought a 93 altima for $900.oo looks good and runs good... but... the sunroof leaks. There is a part or something loose up in the workings of it... a strip, ,part metal and part rubber.. that runs the width of the window. It was night time, so I couldn't really see well (last night). ANYWAY, I hosed the roof down to test, and it leaked. I don't know if it's this loose part that got in the way and caused the window not to shut properly, ,or if I need to replace that part or find a way to weatherstrip it. I don't care about using the sunroof... will pull the fuse and no one will try to open or close, but if you have any cheap suggestions to keep water out, please help... like a type of good weatherstripping, etc? Thanks

Reply to
cp broome

The sunroof leaked once on my old maxima. if you slide the roof open there should be drain holes in either front corner. Get some sort of pressurized spray, like WD40 w/ the red pipe tip connected and spray them out. That cleared up my problem. That may or may not be your problem, but it's a good first step to take before you spend money on a new seal.

Reply to
Snr02