'93 Nissan XE Sparkplug wiring

I am buying the wire set for the spark plugs and distributor for my wife's

93 Nissan Pathfinder. First, let me say that the sparkplug positions are the strangest I have ever seen. They are on top and passenger side of the engine block. They have these real long extensions from the wire boot to the plug, they are rigid. All the wire sets I have seen online don't show these extensions or as part of the wire set itself. Do these come off, because I tried but didn't want to pull too hard, not knowing how they are put together, didn't want to break what is not broken. My local mechanic with his own shop says, if there are numbers on the wires, then it isn't factory. Is this true? Anything I need to know other than being careful to replace the wires one at a time so as not to mix them up. Thanks for any info or assist given. This newsgroup has helped me understand this vehicle, fix some things I am capable of and avoid potential problems when I would have gotten in over my head. Thanks, again.
Reply to
Ben

Nope, they are part of a factory wire set. The only wire sets I've found that are worth a dime other than nissan wires are NGK wires.

Reply to
Steve