Need Help with my 93 Nissan Altima..

Hi Guys..

I have a 1993 Nissan Altima with 145k Miles on it.. It was running great until it started to die at traffic signals and stop signs (may be some issues with idling). Not sure what was the reason? I took it to a Nissan dealer in Midwest (then I used to stay in Midwest).

They diagnosed that the intake gasket is leaking and one of the injector has gone bad.. So I shelled out some money to get it repaired. Now I moved to East Coast and the car started giving me the same problem.

AS It was still under warranty, I took it to nissan dealer here.They said it was distributor problem. I let them took care of it for some money. But they could not correct the problem.

I am worried being ripped off for problems that dont even exist!!! Also being an international student, dont have any other source of income to meet these repairs.. Considering the same problem that was when I was in Midwest, they are unable to trace it!! Not sure what is going on?

Is there some way I can talk to Nissan USA for an explanation? Is it a inherent problem of that model?

Please help!!!

Reply to
Praveen

Sounds like the throtle housing needs to be cleaned..

Reply to
Steve

If the distributor problem they fixed was actually replacing the "cam angle sensor" for $600 or $700 that would take one possible problem off the list. My 94 Altima did that at last year and a friend's 95 Altima also did it last year. Oil had leaked in and obscured the light slots that tell the plugs when to be fired. After sitting for about an hour they would usually restart when the oil dripped off the little disk. If yours restarts almost immediately it does not sound like the same problem. Or, if they changed it something else probably is the cause.

Reply to
Orv