’94 Altima problems startiing

Can anybody help???? I replaced the Distributor, the cap, rotor, fuel pump, filter, temp sensors, injectors cleaned and a tune up and no start. For some reason I think its flooding out. This problem only happens in the wintertime for the past 2 years.

Reply to
wallackw

Are you getting spark? The cam position sensor which is under the plastic cover below the distributor rotor is known for picking up oil that leaks into the dist. around the shaft. There's a metal disc with holes cut in it that get filled with oil and the sensor stops seeing movement... I assume the ecu doesn't bother firing the coil or the injectors either probably once this happens. I just RTF post and you said you replaced the dist. though, so that's probably not the problem. The only other thing I would ask is, are there any codes set?

Reply to
JM

> > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report > abuse: >
Thanks for the reply. So far I don?t think there is any codes. My mechanic will be doing that today. He said that my plugs was soaked with gas. He let the car air out and put new plugs and a oil change. It fired up yesterday and he tried today and same result (no start). He is going to check and see if i have a Mass air flow sensor or a air tempeture sensor. Do you think it could be any of those? And do you think it could be my throttle that was recalled a couple of years ago gone bad.

Reply to
wallackw

larry

Thanks for that info. What year was that recall in for that connector? And when did you have that replaced.

Reply to
wallackw