94 pathfinder rear drum brakes weak

My 94 Pathfinder has drum brakes on the rear and they are pretty useless. They have had new shoes and wheel cylinders about 8k ago, and there is no way you can lock the back wheels on gravel. My previous 88 model would lock em up fine. Is this normal for this model? If not any ideas. Baz

Reply to
The Baz

I think it's a normal Pathpuppy thing. My '96 still has the original shoes in it at 112K. I keep looking at them but there's still plenty of meat left.

Reply to
Jim

Doesn't the '94 have ABS on the rear wheels only?

Reply to
Leslie

Reply to
The Baz