95 nissan altima transmission woes

So, I have a 95 Nissan Altima gxe and the transmission has started to slip a little and the check engine light has come on. I was wondering if anybody knew what i should do, or where i should take it to have it checked out. where should i take it to have the light turned off? I was also wondering if anybody knew the proper way to check the transmission fluid level.

thanks

Reply to
jtpaint2003

The fluid should be checked running in park on level ground. Has it ever been changed? Turning the light off probably isn't going to work because it's going to detect the slipping and turn it back on. You probably need a good trans shop and a credit card with a couple grand credit line on it.

Reply to
Jim