95 Pathfinder - shock replacement

I have a 95 SE 4x4 with the adjustable shocks. Can I just put in non-adjustable shocks and ignore the switch? The ride is really harsh so I'm thinking new shocks are in order but I don't want to pay for the adjustables or else I might consider some externally adjustable shocks.

Any thoughts?

Reply to
DS

See if KYB has replacement shocks for the 4X4 model. I have a 4X2 and replace my factory shocks with a set of KYB. I do remember that there were different part numbers for the 95 Pathfinder 4X2 and 4X4. If not, then I would go with a set of OEM from Nissan.

Regards,

-- Matt Costanza Austin, Tx USA

Reply to
Matt Costanza

Reply to
accesswave news

Harsh ride is ussually high tire pressure. If anything worn shocks will make a car ride -soft- or mushy.

Reply to
Steve T

I've checked the tires and they are fine, I just had the lower ball joints replaced as well as the control arm strut bushings. One of my control arm struts had broken off and was replaced as well. It is harder in "Comfort" mode than it used to be in "Sport". I can't even use "Sport" unless on a smooth road.

Any other ideas?

Reply to
DS

What brand, model, and size tires do you have?

Reply to
ppointer

BTW, what pressure do most of you with the same truck and tire size usually use? I am mostly highway and city in the summer with some occasional off-roading.

I've been running 30-32 all around since I got the truck.

Reply to
DS

My experience with those tires is that the ride gets bad as the tread wears down. I've had good experience with Goodyear Wrangler RTS and Michelin LTX. Both of those tires ride much better than the Generals, IMHO.

Reply to
ppointer

My experience with these tires is they are useless with anything less than

95% tread. I'm getting new ones soon.

Thanks

Reply to
DS

Would like to get Bridgestone A/T Revos but the cost is way too much. Around $1200 for 4! I'm looking to spend about half that.

DS

Reply to
DS