'95 quest, getting shocked

Hi, I have a nissan quest and I been getting shocked alot lately by just touching the body of the car usually while getting out of the car, I also got shocked while under the hood touching the radiator. I was wondering if any new why it was doing this. Could it be an electricaly problem with the car?

-- Message posted using

information at

caliaccord

Assuming your car is not connected to mains electric power for some reason, it's not the car. It's most likely your shoes and/or synthetic clothing and a dry atmosphere. Classic static electricity build-up.

John

Reply to
John Henderson

John Henderson wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

Yup. it's probably his butt sliding across the car seat generating the charge.there are anti-static sprays,or you can wipe a dryer "cling-free" sheet on the seat,or just brush a knuckle against the door frame before you touch any metal.

Reply to
Jim Yanik