96 Sentra GXE: Low idle .... why?

I have a 96 Sentra GXE with 103k miles on it. It runs great except for a recent problem. It falls to a very low idle at stop signs. . At times, it falls to about 200 rpm and then jumps up to about 400 -

500 rpm. The period between falling to 200 and jumping up to the larger numbers is very brief... about 3 or 4 seconds. I should mention that I recently changed a number of items: fuel filter, air filter, plugs, plug wires, distributor cap and rotor. I am not sure what is happening and would appreciate some suggestions.

Thanks, Al Kondo

Reply to
Al Kondo

The IAC valve is probably not doing it job at it's full capacity and may need to be replaced

Reply to
NissTech

Niss Tech indicated that my problem may be the IAC valve if it is full. What is this and what does it do? Also where is it located in my Sentra.

Al Kondo

Reply to
Al Kondo

Reply to