96 Sentra Speedometer Wacked out

Hi,

The speedometr in my gf's 96 Sentra GXE is starting to flake out. It often drops to zero for a few minutes, then starts working fine for a minute or so, then whacks out again.

How can I fix it ?

Thanks

Reply to
SentraMench

I could be a multiplicity of problems.

1) A loose connection at the back of the speedo. 2) A loose connection at the sensor that senses wheel rotaspeed. 3) The sensor is borked. 4) Any computer the signal goes through is borked.

I'd start by looking for loose/dirty connectors.

Reply to
Oso

on 9/30/2007 12:05 AM SentraMench said the following:

I have the same problem with my 97 PU. a sharp rap on the top of the dashboard over the instrument panel gets it working again. Unfortunately, there is a steel box around the back of the panel so I can't get to the plugs. Some day I'll try to remove the dash panel, but not now.

Reply to
willshak