97 pathfinder has problems startring

Ok - here is a stumper for those of you that like a good challenge. I have a 97 pathfinder that has some starting issues. A few times (4-5)
in the past year the engine has conked out en route but then catches again and no problem . Sometimes the engine fires right up but at least once per week when I go to start it, it cranks and cranks but wont kick over. If I use spray start then it fires up and runs ok. This problem seems to be more prevalnt in colder weather but has happened in warm weather as well. I have replaced: plugs, wires, fuel filiter, fuel pump. OCD II reading shows no trouble codes. Any thoughts or prayers for me? Any hewlp would be greatly appreciated - thanks - Tom