99 Frontier...

...with 57K miles and it has this problem that is driving me up the wall.

I drive the truck on the highway then park it. When I come back to the truck and start it, it feels like it's running on only 5 cylinders. After a minute or two of normal driving it smoothes out and runs smooth as it did when it was new. Any idea what might be causing this?

Reply to
tranch

Original plugs?

Reply to
JimV

No, been tuned once.

Reply to
tranch

I wonder what plugs they put in it. It should have NGKs, others can cause problems. I would guess that either one cylinder is misfiring or one injector is sticking for a bit. If it were my truck, I'd check it for codes and if there were none, I'd replace the plugs. Could even be a loose plug (heat eventually expands the head until it seals).

Reply to
JimV