99 Quest... mysterious coolant leak?

A friend of mine (who lives across town) is trying to help a neighbor fix her '99 Nissan Quest van's cooling problems.

When/if there is something leaking, it appears to be from the back center of the engine.... when it is cool and he squeezes on the hoses going into the radiator, he hears air hissing from someplace back there.... but it isn't the heater core hoses... those he can see and they are solid. Any other thoughts/suggestions on what it might be? I know Hondas have a thin metal tube back there that runs from the water pump across the back of the engine, but I don't know the Nissan design.

The van has 109,000 miles on it.

Thanks.

Reply to
KWW