AC going bad in Sentra?

Another question for you all.

The other day I was travelling through a heavy rainstorm. The AC was kept running constantly to keep the windows clear. I noticed at times that the cabin would occaisionally get slightly warm, then 5 minutes later the temps would settle back to the cooler setting. It's as if the AC compressor was over-heating, shutting off, then turning back on automatically once it has cooled a little. What's going on? Do I need to tune up my AC system? Other than that, everything is fine with the AC.

CD

Reply to
Codifus

Check the level of coolant in the radiator, it may be low, if it is OK then have the AC checked for leaks, some hose may have to be replaced and the gas refilled.

Good luck

Codifus wrote:

Reply to
raluxs

When water falls on the condenser (a/c radiator in front of the engine radiator), the pressures inside the a/c system drop. If the system is low on refrigerant, the pressure may drop to the point where it cuts the compressor.

It has also happened to me, that when u set the fan speed to max (which i seldom do) the compressor cuts, simply because the fan switch does not make good contact. When this happens, i move the switch from off to max, 50 or so times to clean the contacts. Then it will work well one more year or so.

Good luck!

Codifus wrote:

Reply to
AS