Almera starting problem

Hi all, I wonder if anyone can help with this problem that is driving me mad. The car has been back to the main dealer here in UK 6 times and they cannot fix it.

It's a 2 lire Almera Diesel

When I start the car, usually the climate control details come up on the display as soon as it starts. But every now and again when I turn the key all I get is a click and the immobiliser key light flashing on the dash, radio usually comes on ok but no engine, instead of a normal climate comtrol etc all you get is the words please wait The only time the radio does not come on is when it locks up totally and "secure mode" comes up on the display. If it does not go into secure mode and just clicks with the flashing immobiliser light on, after a while if you're lucky it starts again. The garage told me that if secure mode comes on, I have to disconnect the battery and wait about 30 minutes, then it usually starts.

Reply to
thegower2