Any '08 Versas spotted?

My trusty '99 Corolla is about to roll over 140,000 miles, and I was looking for another economy car as a replacement, since my drive to work is over 30 miles one way. I was looking at the Versa along with the Fit and Yaris. I liked the Versa the best, but had decided against it because on the '07 models it wasn't possible to get ABS and the Bluetooth convenience package without adding a bunch of other options that I didn't want that shot the price of the car north of $19,000 MSRP and out of the range of my budget. However, on the '08 model they have changed the options packages around so that it's possible to get the options I want and only have to add mud flaps for an extra $110. An online search of the Nissan dealerships near me failed to turn up any '08 Versas though. Supposedly they went on sale on June 25th, but has anyone actually seen any?

Reply to
Arklier

Over on my favorite Versa forum:

5&days65&page=1 Late July has been quoted for dealer showrooms. With pricing being the major difference between 07 & 08, maybe a deal on a leftover 07 could up the options without a big difference in price. Worth a try.

David

Arklier wrote:

Reply to
David B.

There will be no pricing differences on the 08 Versa Sedan. There is a $100 base price increase for 2008 on the Versa hatch. We are expecting our first

08's in about 4-5 weeks. The main money-saving device on the Versa right now is the $500 rebate. The vehicle is slim on the markup, and most dealers are willing to let them go for around invoice as they are a good introductory car, and could lead to bigger sales down the road.

Please let me know if this information helps.

snipped-for-privacy@jerseynissan.com

Bajori