Any Tricks to Filling 1995 Pathy A/C with R12 ?

I've only taken a cursory look under the hood and seen only one logical fill point at the front right of the system as you face the vehicle. Also, did you use a vacuum pump? If so, how does it connect and work? The Haynes manual gives no details on how to refill the A/C refrigerant. TIA for any tips, suggestions, comments.

-- Manjo A ship in the harbor is safe, but that's not what ships are built for. --William Shedd

Reply to
Manjo

Whoops! Should be R134, NOT R12.

My bad.

Reply to
Manjo

in article bk7s28$qe8rj$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-88264.news.uni-berlin.de, Manjo at snipped-for-privacy@gis.net wrote on 9/16/03 4:36 PM:

I received some awesome tips off-line. I'm not sure this reply got through to the sender so I am reposting my thanks through the NG:

I will read the FAQ tonight. I do have the factory manuals on the 95 Pathy. Together with your notes I should be OK. I bought a 134a charging kit at Wal-Mart yesterday. It has a dial gauge to measure pressure both before and after the fill.

I may have an additional problem becasue when I press the A/C switch on the dash, it lights up, but I don't feel the ususal "bump" when the compressor kicks in. I will try to jumper around the compressor switch to see if it's working properly.

Again, thanks for your reply and all the useful information.

Manjo

Reply to
Manjo

READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!

AC Systems ARE NOT User Serviceable!!!!

LEAVE IT ALONE!!!!!

If it needs service you take it to an AC SERVICE SHOP!!!!!!!

Reply to
Im Right

Would you share those tips with us?

Reply to
Kevin

Sure. I'll be working on the Pathy this weekend and coming week. I'll gather the tips and my notes and post them here to the group.

Reply to
Manjo