R12 for Avanti A/C

Does anybody know how many cans of R12 are needed to recharge the a/c unit for an Avanti? Mine was disconnected years ago and will need to be recharged when I get it back on the road. I have quite a few small cans of it and was wondering how many I will need. Thanks.

Reply to
33freak

Just dumping cans of R12 into an empty (leaked down) system is like tossing money out the window. Take it to an a/c shop and have them leak test it with nitrogen and then evacuated to boil out ant moisture, and recharge it with R12 and fresh oil. Strongly consider a new receiver/dryer, too. BTDT Jeff

"33freak" wrote...

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Is " ant moisture" what comes out of a piss ant? (:-)

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

Not sure, but when I started at the new shop, I was told "get that damn propane tank out of the compressor room" OK, but, it's a brand new 30# can of R-12! Safely stored in the material room now! Bean Counters don't have a clue!

Jim Turner

Reply to
Jim Turner