Bad clutch on 95 200sx?

I'm having trouble with what I presume is the clutch. My friend looked at the clutch and said that the disc needs to be replaced. Is that the only thing that I need to replace or should something else be replaced with it? When i'm getting onto the highway and need to get up to speed qucickly I tend to floor it in every gear. Recently the past month or two when I hit the gas it will slip and will rev up. I've been trying to baby it and will have some work done on it on Saturday. Any comments or suggestions are much appreciated.

Reply to
JonRogers

If you've slipped that clutch enough you've probably damaged more than just the friction plate. Why do a half-assed job and just replace the disc? Replace the plate and disc and bearing. Also have the (if hydraulic) master and slave cylinders checked to make sure they hold pressure. It just doesn't make sense to drop the transaxle and not do a complete job.

Reply to
Meat-->Plow

Reply to
JonRogers