Brakes leaking!

Changed my front brakes the other day on a 96 Altima. I pushed that inner piece on the caliper in with my C clamp and brake fluid came gushing out. What is the cause of that?

Now I have brake fluid leaking from the R front tire. Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!

Reply to
reggiereg1

that means the piston seal on the caliper is bad/leaking and the caliper needs to be rebuilt or replaced

fluid came gushing out. What is the cause of that?

Reply to
NissTech

Gushing brake fluid when the piston was pressed is? It's called displacement. The fluid behind the piston had to go somewhere, and the only place to go is back to the master cylinder. As far as the caliper leaking, like NissTech said, caliper seal leaking & time for a rebuild. Varnish/corrosion on the piston damaged the seal when pushed in. The caliper piston may need replacement, but that would need to be determined during tear-down of the caliper.

fluid came gushing out. What is the cause of that?

Reply to
: p