extended warranty for frontier

i'm about to reach 36k miles on my 2001 xe frontier and have been thinking of getting an extended warranty. the local (hawaii) nissan
dealership quoted $1200 to extend my warranty to 6 years and 75k miles... so i have a few q's:
1. does anyone think that it's worth/not worth getting the extended warranty?... to put it in other words, has anyone had to spend more than $1200 on a six year old frontier?
2. does anyone know of a place where i can get a better price?... i'm thinking that maybe i can do this over the phone and get the paperwork by fax or mail...
thanks for your help, ac
On 18 Feb 2004 16:46:08 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (A.C.) wrote:

Never, ever, ever, buy an extended warranty on a Nissan (Or any other reliable car). Never, ever. Oh, did I mention: Never, ever.